Monday, August 11, 2008

Breaking news about Frank Sinatra

My housemate and I recently found a motherless, diarrhea-laden kitten who stole our hearts. We took him home, washed him and named him Frank Sinatra (because of his blue, blue eyes).

The name provided seemingly endless inevitable but nonetheless enjoyable clichés: he found us on the patio of a friends' house - a real "Stranger in the Night" who seemed to "Only Have Eyes for Us." He gave us a look which said: "I've Got You Under My Skin," and sure enough, we adopted him without much further debate. As they say, Fools Rush In.

Did I mention he enjoys Dancing Cheek to Cheek?

But after subsequent bathing and a couple weeks of growing around-the-clock, Frank Sinatra appears to be less of a Guy than a Doll. Not only that, but one of his eyes is turning green and (Sinatra fans may wish to stop reading here) he shows no interest in self-grooming at all.

So now we are trying to find a new name which fits. We flirted with Ginger Rodgers, because she loves dancing (or at least sliding across the floor). We also considered Nancy Sinatra, but she doesn't really seem the boots-were-made-for-walking type.

Name suggestions are encouraged. At the end of the day, she's high-maintenance but oh-so-lovable (some would say, "So Embraceable"), and no matter what we call her, They Can't Take that Away from Her.

2 comments:

R.B. Moreno said...

I'm going to suggest to my roommate that we invest in a diarrhea-laden kitten. Seriously, she's adorable, and looks like another cat I know named Matilda.

David Chase said...

Well if they cat becomes too much of a hassle you could always fly it to the moon and let it play among the stars.

And yes, that was about all I could come up with...

but heri ya siku kuu!