I made the mistake of admiring these ants recently; the mistake was that I did so before joining a prayer circle.
I joined hands and bowed my head. But before I could begin praying, I found that I was being preyed upon.
Three siafu ants (apparently a sacrilegious bunch) chomped into different parts of my left leg at the same time; perhaps a coincidence, but I have heard they communicate via chemical signals and attack their prey in a simultaneous shock-and-awch manner.
But I had bigger problems on my hands, or rather, my leg. One siafu was headed up my leg toward what I considered dangerous territory.
You see, I have taken meditation classes, which I felt applied to this moment and more generally to prayer. They say the deepest meditation is done through discomfort, joint pain, loud sirens, etc. They teach you to meditate through the pain. But those people haven't met siafu ants.
I politely rubbed my legs together. My hand instinctively veered toward my inner thigh, creating distress for the elderly gentleman with whom I was holding hands. I flinched, but I didn't break hands. Instead I chemically communicated with the Pastor, who wrapped-up the prayer - allowing me to spin in circles while slapping my thigh.
My only hope is that someone said a prayer for the ants. They won't be praying or preying again for a while.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment