There is a topic I have avoided covering here due to my struggles to find the words to do so. The topic is one I first learned about through a vague story in a local paper, followed by sullen conversations with friends and colleagues to learn more - without wanting to learn too much.
While I have searched for the right words, the Economist wrote many last week regarding the ghastly killings of a highly marginalized and easily identifiable segment of Tanzania's human population: albinos. To view that article, click here. No login required.
As an aside, I recently heard of an albino who stole a cell-phone out of a man's hand and ran. The man wanted to chase the thief and recover his phone, but feared he would be linked with this sick underground trade, and decided to buy a new phone instead.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
That just awful:(
I think its sad that they think that way, but so much of it is culture in a way to them. Its like they dont want to belive otherwise.
:((
Thats just awful:(
I think its sad that they think that way, but so much of it is culture in a way to them. Its like they dont want to belive otherwise.
:((
Post a Comment