I recently heard
So I returned to my business as usual and a bit later the sound came flooding back.
This time I made it to the window in time to see a pickup truck hauling down the road with two men standing in the back holding onto a big mess of rebar which they were dragging noisily behind them. The only reason I can think to drive multiple times down a road dragging rebar is to resurface it. And if you have seen Tanzania's roads in the wet season, you can understand the virtue of this.
But it was a good reminder for me, and perhaps a good reminder for all of us: when I next think my job is tough, at least I am not holding onto a bundle of quivering reinforcing bars while standing in the back of a pickup truck which is flying down the road at break-arm speed.


1 comment:
We want more blogpost, love to read youre delicious writing's :)))
Post a Comment