A Tropical boubou in fact.
These birds are responsible for one of the sounds I enjoy waking to the most. They have a number of calls including duets with other boubous. But the strangest call of all is the electrical sound caught in the clip below (listen carefully before the "bou"). Also, notice how quickly the colors change; the sun wastes no time rising in the tropics.
I have been offline for several weeks now and will be offline again for several more. But I am collecting stories, jotting them in notebooks and look forward to sharing them with you the first of August. Please check back then.
Thanks for continuing to visit Live from Kigoma. I am grateful to be able to share special moments with you here.
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
A little something tropical
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Hello Robert!
Im happy to see you are blogging again:)Here in Norway the weather is hot for a change, and we are busy planning our wedding:)(its the 8th of August) I'm glad you have use for the sunscreen, and we hope you are enjoying life and that you are happy and well.
Lots of love from Norway:)
Post a Comment