Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I'll have what she's having

What do Martina Navratilova and I have in common (besides a strange obsession with the Wimbledon women’s final)?

A love of Gibb’s Restaurant in Kigoma, Tanzania! So says this month’s Bon Appetit magazine, which I am told lists Navratilova’s selection in a list of “celebrity favorite restaurants.” Yes, celebrities were asked to pick their favorite restaurant in the world, and one of them just happened to pick the place that I pick whenever logistically possible as well (the restaurant is not a long walk from my house, but they use a wood-burning oven and stove for all of their meals, and unless you're a tennis pro it can take hours to get your entree; only because of my insatiable appetite for foods other than rice and beans have I recently become accustomed to the late-night stumble down the path home).

Thanks to Liz in NJ for letting me know about this. It will give me something to think about when I am waiting for my veggie curry tonight.

No comments: