That I am going to the Hilltop for dinner tonight. You know what that means? Vegetable curry! And maybe even wine!
My meals for the past two days have included:
Breakfast yesterday: power bar
Lunch: rice, beans and a little cooked spinach
Dinner: rice, beans, cabbage and french fries (the last of which was decidedly
not my idea)
Breakfast today: fried bread (chapatti, as often seen in Indian restaurants)
Lunch: rice and a little spinach. No beans.
Afternoon snack: mango juice that I bought on the way into the office. Yum!
My eyes glaze over with quiet anticipation whenever someone mentions the possibility of having a comprehensive meal. I must look like a character in Oliver Twist. But this is a vitally important part of my learning process. As one friend told me, "just be glad your whole life isn't rice and beans." What a great perspective. I am totally embarrassed that I didn't think of it first.
No comments:
Post a Comment