The paper this morning read "SA falls short of Live Earth challenge." But I can tell you from personal experience, the Live Earth concert in Johannesburg was a very exciting party.These concerts were organized globally at the behest of Al Gore to increase education about climate change (and also no doubt a great deal of greenhouse gases in the process). Our entertainment was a bit weaker than most of the other cities, but we did have Joss Stone (who I had never heard of, but was great - and hopefully a rising star), the Soweto Gospel Choir, Angelique Kidjo (my favorite!) and closed with UB40 ("red, red wine..."). We finished our red wine and headed out before the "10,000" people (by my estimations, more like 3,000) departed the Coca-Cola Dome for the two-lane road headed back toward the highway. With a 7a departure for the Johannesburg airport the next morning, I was glad to be leaving the concert by midnight.
I had a great time - big thanks to Kate G for the ticket (and for being my arm candy for the night!), and to Keegan and friends for helping make the night so special! I will never forget it.


No comments:
Post a Comment