Thursday, August 2, 2007

Bad lizard

One of the culprits trying to make a great escape out my window.
Does he look guilty or is it just me?

Little lizards like this one seem to inhabit every crack and cranny of my house - inside and out. Normally I welcome them, saying "eat the bugs, just don't poop on my clean trousers." And so far our cohabitation has been rather amicable, even entertaining at times - like the moment one of them jumped out of the toilet and startled me. "You got me this time," I said laughing, trying to act nonchalant.

But this morning one of the little critters crossed the line. There was lizard excrement in five different places on my clean khakis, with little prints of it trailing across only the most noticeable places. "I thought we had a deal?," I pleaded to the rafters.

So I spent part of the morning trying to wash my trousers, and then finally gave-up and dug-out my dirty (or now suddenly "clean," relatively speaking) slacks, which I am now hiding behind my desk as I type.

In the end, they outnumber me, so it's in my best interests to learn to play by their rules (except for the jumping out of the toilet bit). But I learned an important lesson this morning: I may pay the rent, but the lizards are in charge around here. And in case there were any questions about that, I guess they decided to drive the point home. I got the message loud and clear.

3 comments:

Jan Beck said...

I would be on the first plane home!!

Aunt Jan

Anonymous said...

as you know all you have to do is just live with the hair floating over your tea cup in the mornings.Now all you have to get used to is a little critter doing his business on your clean pants. Just what more could a feller want? Your still having the incredible time of your life:)

ttyl
lee

Unknown said...

Aw, he's cute. Make friends with him and then teach him to build an infrastructure over there! :-)