Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Flora and fauna

I wanted to share with you the images of some of the plants (and one insect) I photographed around my house this past weekend.

Plumeria, or more commonly called Frangipani

This tree drops the most fragrant and beautiful pinwheel flowers. My roommate and I use them to clean the dipstick when checking the oil level in JGI's Land Rover in the morning.

Pink Plumeria

Plumeria tree behind our house, with the clothesline I use to dry my socks in the foreground

Hibiscus bush flowering along our driveway

A mango tree in front of the house where I am living; I am told that many of the blossoms will become ripe mangoes for me to eat

The back corner of my house, with a stand of trees

A plant near our front patio; it reminds me of the crotons sold back home

Pink flower blooming along our driveway, with our front patio in the background

Unusual insect who had an unusually good time trying to evade me and my camera

1 comment:

R.B. Moreno said...

Great to get a bird's -- or insect's -- eye view of your new post, Rob! Looks like hard living, despite the exotic locale. Keep up the journal and the great work!