Thursday, March 13, 2008

It all started with a casserole

My friend Olga recently hosted a dinner at her home, which was partly a goodbye dinner before several Spanish friends move on. She emailed the following message to her friends, and I thought it was a beautiful summary of a wonderful evening. She agreed to let me share it with you:

... and everything started with a casserole of beans with chorizo and morcilla. A half kilo was left, after the fiasco during first episode. Muzungu show, Gernika's beans.

Last Sunday we had a tribute to the little time left for us in Tanzania. I put on the stove, slowly. Hours hours and hours. Beans, dark ones. Alubias from Gernika. Chorizo. Morcilla. Jabugo…

While waiting, a beer. And we do flan. Thanx Royal.

Delicious food with the best of Kigoma. Yummy. Everything. Food. Company. Wine. All alcohols. ALL.

Afternoon passed. Slow and smoothly. Without noise. Wine after wine. Jokes and Laughs. Like any Sunday. Wherever.

… and there we finished. Mixing Madonna and Radiohead, rum wine and beer… in front of Tanganyika Lake… I am going to miss it… I am going to miss them.

No comments: