This beetle landed on my knee the other night. If I were to tell you I acted calmly about it, I'd be lying.To my relief, he wasn't interested in me at all, but rather in the lady beetle elsewhere on the floor of our friend's house. We brought the two beetles together and I watched with three biologists as sparks flew and nature-did-as-nature-does. I knew the birds and the bees really do all the things we say they do. But beetles? For some reason I was surprised to find that they reproduce just like everything else.


1 comment:
I hope my comment about wanting to squish the beetles gets approved! Here it is:
"I want to squish the beetles. Not becuase I don't like them, but could you imagine the fantastic noise they'd make when you squish them?"
that's all I've got -- keep up the good work...
Post a Comment