Friday, October 26, 2007

Swimming among the stars

The bigger the rocks, the better the snorkeling

This is one of my favorite places in the world. It is about three hours by boat from where I live, but the sights and sounds are worth the effort it takes to get there.

On the night this photo was taken, the moon rose late but the milky way was so bright it nearly cast a shadow. I floated in the lake and watched as the universe circled above me, feeling like I was floating through space, as stars fell through the sky around me and only the occasional flash of lighting would bring me back to earth. I felt like I was floating through the heavens above, but instead I was floating in heaven on earth.

I live for the moments in life that I am totally humbled by the beauty of nature; few moments in my life rival the one I had that night.

No comments: