Thursday, September 20, 2007

Bug photos

I have been learning a lot about bugs here. For example, last night I learned that you shouldn't touch a jumping bug on the forehead with your pen - even lightly - because they might hit you in the face. And you most certainly shouldn't do it again, because then they might hit you in the eye.

Here are the photos of a few of the incredible bugs I have encountered in the past 2.5 months. You can click on the photos for a clearer image (although the images are still compressed for size).

a Maiden Fly resting on a stem

a Maiden Fly close-up

a beetle crawling across my shoe on the beach

a bizarre little zebra-striped bee digging a hole in the sand

a bug a friend found in the water

a dead beetle I discovered near my office

a scorpion on the floor of a friend's house where I had been walking barefoot

an insanely well-camouflaged stick insect on the ground
(don't ask me how I spot these things)

There are more great bug photos to come. Stay tuned.

No comments: